We have an immediate opening for a Senior Scientist in Biochemistry. The successful applicant will bring their expertise and perspective to both ongoing studies of established targets as well as early stage discovery and characterization of new targets. Beyond their primary role as a bench scientist, they will contribute to mentoring of junior scientists, help manage outsourced research, and assist in the strategic planning and execution of programs.
Twentyeight-Seven is a pharmaceutical startup entering novel therapeutic space to develop new first-in-class drugs. Our targets are proteins that regulate post-transcriptional processing of coding and non-coding RNAs: By focusing on targets that maintain the undifferentiated state of malignant cells, our goal is not just to treat cancers, but to cure them. Based on our preliminary findings we recently secured >$80M in Series A funding and are looking to rapidly expand our scientific staff. Our labs are located in the recently opened Linx facility in Watertown, a modern, community-focused building catering to biopharma companies large and small.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Scientist in Biochemistry.
- Design and execute experiments supporting target purification and characterization, as well as assay development and inhibitor mechanism of action studies
- Participate in development of research plans, prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Develop familiarity with the scientific literature relevant to our company’s scientific focus
- Assist as necessary in supervising research associates and managing outsourced research
- Present findings and bring critical thinking to group meetings and informal discussions
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or a related field with at least three years of experience doing drug discovery research within the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry
- Expertise in protein and/or nucleic acid biochemistry, with proficiency in enzymology; experience in structural biology a plus
- Experience managing CROs
- A proven thought leader with expertise in experimental design and data analysis, and a clear understanding of critical path thinking
- Motivated, independent self-starter, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, driven to contribute while cultivating good cross-team relationships
Please send resumes and supporting materials to:
Dr. David Wilson, Director Protein Sciences